The EDl attacking a local business in Leicester last year.
an open letter to businesses in Leicester from the English Defence League
To whom it may concern,
Re: English Defence League - Forthcoming demonstration.
We, The English Defence League, plan to hold a peaceful demonstration in Leicester City Centre on February 04, 2012.
I would therefore, like to take this opportunity to re-iterate and re-assure you that the English Defence League only wish to peacefully protest against Racism and our religious and racially appeasing two - tier justice system .We are not racist, we are not islamaphobic, but we are extremely worried about these issues, and the fact that victims of such are left with little, or no, sense of justice from our courts. blah blah blah
The English Defence League failing to grasp the consequence of past conduct… get high, riot and smash up a city and dont expect a warm welcome back
Organized religion is about control, power and massive wealth.
Organized religion is a trillion dollar industry that is a fraud-based, “non-profit”, government supported empire that makes more money than Wall Street while being even more criminal. They make massive profits with “legalized”…
When I’m asked how many children I have I answer three, but I think four. Our second child, Aoife, was triploid, she had three of each chromosome instead of the usual two. This is different to trisomy, an extra copy of a single chromosome, Aoife had an extra copy of every chromosome. A baby with…
1. Too long
If your book claims to be a beginner’s book on a programming language, and is 800 pages, you are doing it wrong. Go back to your editor. Halve the book. I understand that by making the book large, you can justify the expensive price tag, but it certainly doesn’t help a beginner…
Reuters today announced the launch of Reuters TV, a new YouTube channel featuring 10 news, commentary and analysis programs covering hard news, finance, politics, technology and special Reuters investigations.
The programming, which will appear on Reuters.com and on Reuters redesigned YouTube channel, marks Reuters entry into the rapidly growing business of online video programming, in partnership with one of the biggest players in next-generation TV, YouTube.
Reuters is employing a creative editing style that is suited for Internet programming and does not mimic traditional TV. “This deal with YouTube gives Reuters a way to showcase our collection of talented journalists and compelling video from around the world” said Dan Colarusso, Reuters global head of programming. “It will offer unique insights and images that other media companies simply can’t match”
Reuters is the biggest news provider among the nearly 100 partners YouTube is working with as it creates original Internet-based programming and reinvents itself as a channel-based video site. The new shows were developed by television news veteran and Reuters global executive producer Barclay Palmer.
They highlight a high-energy, high-quality production style that is unique to any business news broadcasts on traditional television. The 10 programs will feature highly produced reports and commentary from many of Reuters award-winning, nearly 3,000 journalists around the world:
- Reuters Investigates, featuring investigative journalism and special reports from around the world, in coordination with Reuters award-winning Enterprise unit;
- The Trail, with Reuters political reporters covering the presidential candidates on the campaign trail;
- Felix TV, with Reuters finance blogger Felix Salmon, named by Time magazine one of the Top 25 financial bloggers;
- Media Bite, featuring Peter Lauria, editor of technology, media & telecommunications, and his team of reporters covering a media world experiencing massive change;
- Tech Tonic, with Anthony De Rosa, Reuters Digital’s social media editor, dubbed by The New York Times “the undisputed king of Tumblr”;
- Freeland File, with Reuters Digital editor Chrystia Freeland interviewing top newsmakers;
- Fast Forward, hosted by Chrystia Freeland and featuring Reuters’ top commentators and journalists, including David Rohde, Reuters columnist, author and two-time winner of the Pulitzer Prize; Rob Cox, US editor of Breakingviews; Bethany McLean, Reuters columnist, Vanity Fair contributor and author; David Cay Johnston, tax expert, author and Pulitzer Prize winner; Geraldine Fabrikant, Reuters columnist, senior writer for The New York Times and winner of the Loeb Award; Steven Brill, Reuters columnist, author and founder of the Yale Journalism Initiative; Ian Bremmer, President of the Eurasia Group; James Ledbetter, Reuters Op-ed editor and author;
- Money Clip, with Lauren Young, personal finance editor and former editor at BusinessWeek and SmartMoney;
- Rough Cuts, with Jen Rogers, showcasing the remarkable news video that Reuters video journalists shoot around the world, allowing viewers to see and hear that video in greater depth than most television networks can offer;
- Decoder, explaining in succinct and surprising ways the key topics in the news, ranging from the debt ceiling to the Strait of Hormuz.
The programming will open with Chrystia Freeland’s exclusive interview with Mikhail Prokhorov, the Russian billionaire and sportsman who has made the controversial announcement that he is running for president in Russia, challenging Vladimir Putin.
Reuters.com gets at least 40 million unique visitors around the world monthly and is the fourth most trafficked business-news website. YouTube gets more than 3 billion hits per day.
I hope that you can join us for a free session by KPMG and Marks Paneth & Shron LLP regarding accounting and finance for startups.
The Details: October 13, 2011 from 5PM - 6PM at WeWork Labs in SoHo
The talk will discuss the basic fundamentals important to running a business successfully. This…
HEY RPERS, what if I started a meme. It’s a simple meme. You answer one question every day for thirty days, and by the end of it, you hopefully learn even more about your character and become a better roleplayer because of it! 8Dc Y’all should totes spread this around.
Here’s the list.
I have to tell you something. I have a bedside drawer full of smut. Well, you do too right? But this is not the sort of drawer where you stash a toy and some chapstick. This is a super size drawer. This is a file cabinet drawer. Literally. At some point along the way, a short, silver file cabinet…